Parent & Student Compact
Saugatuck Public Schools and the parents of students participating in Title 1 programs agree that this compact outlines their shared responsibility for improved student academic achievement and for building a partnership to help students achieve the State’s high standards.
Saugatuck Public Schools will:
- Provide high-quality instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment to enable students to meet the State’s academic achievement standards.
- Hold parent-teacher conferences twice a year and discuss this compact as it relates to the individual student’s achievement.
- Provide parents with frequent reports on their child’s progress through the PowerSchool Student Information System, mid-term progress reports, and trimester report cards. Parents of students in Title 1 programs will meet with staff to review data and create an individual learning plan.
- Provide parents reasonable access to staff through email, telephone, individual appointments, and written correspondence.
- Provide opportunities for parents to serve on various booster organizations and advisory groups. Parents may volunteer in and/or observe classroom activities and chaperone field trips throughout the school year.
I will support my child’s learning by:
- Ensuring my child’s attendance.
- Making sure homework is completed.
- Volunteering in my child’s classroom.
- Participating, as appropriate, in decisions relating to my child’s education.
- Promoting positive use of my child’s extracurricular time.
- Staying informed about my child’s education and communicating with the school as appropriate.
- Serving, as I am able, on school booster organizations and advisory groups.
- Agreeing to provide the support, encouragement, and planning outlined in the Teaching the Code Parent Guide.
I will assist my own learning by:
- Coming to school every day on time and ready to learn.
- Making sure my homework is completed.
- Actively participating and listening in class.
- Asking for help from teachers, peers, and my parents when I need it.
- Pushing myself to do my best on every assignment.
- Maintaining a positive attitude.
- Showing respect for people and property in the school.
- Using my time wisely both in school and out.